Saturday, June 7, 2008

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

Man it has been awhile since I wrote on my blog. Ill give a quick update of where I have been and what I have been doing. I went to Utah for the birth of my little niece Marley, which let me add, was, to date, one of the most amazing experiences of my life. She isn't my biological niece, but she is in every other aspect. It was truly an honor to be there from beginning to end and wipe a tear from my eye when she was welcomed into the world with the sweetest little cry. Since being back, of course they have me working like a slave at work - but what is new there? Heaven forbid "I" want to go on a vacation. My clients acted like the end of the world had come and begged me to never go anywhere again. I mean............come on. Last weekend I was in a pretty bad car accident. It was my first accident ever, and hope it will be my last for a very long time. I was so so so so so so lucky though. I was t-boned coming out of a parking lot. If the guy had been any further back, I probably wouldn't be here to type this. I hit my head hard enough to get knocked out cold (not that being unconscious is new to me :) ), but I spent most of the night in the hospital and STILL have a bloody headache! I am here though and I am feeling much better. My car was totaled, but I am back to work and living life as usual. I guess considering the fact that my entire front end was knocked off, they deemed her as "unrepairable". Either that or just didn't think she was worth it. Poor little thing. I was sad for....oh...........about 2.3 seconds because I hated that car anyway! So, today I got a new 2008 black mazda 3. I almost don't know what to do with myself because it has less than 10 miles on it and I have NEVER been the owner of a car that new and didn't expect to be for a VERY long time. I love it though. Life is good. I am lucky and the Lord truly is watching out for me. I will try to be better and writing on this thing. Oh, speaking of...another reason I havent been writing is because I am back at the grindstone working on my book. Ill keep you posted on the progress. LOVE YALL

2 comments:

The Clevelands said...

Hello?! Need a phone call from you! Love ya
-Em

mccall said...

love you, girl. sorry i didn't get to see you whilst you were in utah :-( i'm glad you were here to welcome marley into this world, though.