Wednesday, June 25, 2008

LIFE UPDATE

Lets see............things are GREAT!! I am feeling wonderful, work is good, the weather is nice, I have an amazing guy in my life, what more could I ask for? The health situation is superb. I honestly have been feeling better than I have in years. Wanna know the big secret? I ACTUALLY COMPLETELY, TOTALLY, AND UTTERLY QUIT CAFFEINE. I know, you weren't expecting that, but it's true. I have been backing off for awhile, but now I finally quit. I was hoping they made a patch for this type of thing, but apparently caffeine addiction isn't serious enough for patches and meetings. I wish I would have known that ahead of time.
Work is great. Each day I seem to like what I do more and more. I have some clients that are actually feeling good and seeing results for the first time in their lives and it is amazing to be a part of. I have one client in particular who has lost almost 100 lbs. She had gained so much weight that her knees had to be replaced, she was a perfect candidate for heart failure, and had recently lost her husband due to his weight. She is almost 70 years old and can't even sleep in a bed because of her pain. She never thought she would be able to walk on a treadmill, much less do any type of exercise to strengthen her lower body. She does not miss a single day at the gym. When she is with me, we are up to walking 1.5 miles on the treadmill at a moderate pace, we do totally body from the top to the bottom. She is doing things her doctors told her she would never be able to do again. Not only that but her blood concentration levels are better than they have been in years. Let's give a big round of applause for ol' Nita Nichols folks!!!!
The family is great! The annual "Field beach trip" is hastily approaching and I can't wait. It is often the most humorous and interesting week of the year in our family. Aunts, uncles and cousins come in from all over the country and we get one huge house for all of us. Not only that, but usually it is aunts and uncles AND their exes haha. Now if thats not interesting, I don't know what is! It reminds me of my high school graduation......here were the attendees: my mom, my dad, my stepmom, my stepdad, my mom's mom, my mom's dad, my mom's stepmom, and my mom's stepdad, my aunt and uncle (who are not married anymore but both dating other people) on and go ahead and add their significant others to the list, and on top of that we had my great aunt who hates men and blacks and isn't afraid to voice her opinion. Keep in mind, my stepmom is black. Needless to say, we had quite a variety. We had a great time though. Bet you wish you had been there now.
Other than that, nothing much is new. Oh, the great guy in my life. We dated about a year ago for awhile and I guess he just couldn't get enough of me! His name is Carlos Samayoa and boy is he cute. No, but seriously.....nothing serious. All I know is that he makes me smile pretty much non-stop when Im with him and he never ceases to make me feel special. Im a simple kinda girl who doesn't need much. It is a great thing to feel wanted and to feel important. It is nice to feel missed. It is amazing to be in public and feel like the only girl there. They may seem like simple things, but they are enough for me. I don't need "things". I don't need new clothes or jewelry. Those are second, in my book, behind hugs, kisses, and snuggles.
Im not sure if I mentioned my new car in the last post, but if I didn't...........I got a new car. haha She is a 2008 black mazda 3 and her name is Layla.
Hope everyone is well.

No comments: