O that I were an angel
With soft, white, feathery wings
I would dance in the sky with the clouds each day;
Sit in the trees with the birds as they sing.
I would kiss my mother each day as she awoke
And watch her the whole day through
Then tuck her into bed each night,
And as she sleeps whisper - "mommy, I love you".
O that I were an angel
And could appreciate life for each day.
I would spend time with my grandpa dear,
And tell him all that I never got to say.
I would wrap my arms around the children
Who are filled with nothing but pain.
I would love them and protect them -
Bring them sunshine instead of rain.
If I could only be an angel
I would heal this world so bleak.
I would remind it of all of the goodness that hides
If we would only be willing to peek.
I would cure every sickness that ever did plague,
Bring peace to the disturbed in mind.
I would calm the restless heart, bring joy to the weary soul,
Lead the lost to what they've always hoped to find.
O that I were an angel
And could make right of every wrong.
We would all be filled with so much love.
We would all sing the very same song.
There would be no death, no pain, no sorrows,
No hate, no sickness, no fears.
There would be no worries from day to day.
There would be no crime and no tears.
But I am no angel and I can't heal this world.
I am only a human at best.
I must endure the pain and the sorrow sometimes
So I can learn to appreciate the rest.
Maybe someday Ill get to be that angel,
And God will give me my wings of white.
Ill get to do all that I wanted for this world
If Im good, maybe someday, I might.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment