Saturday, March 1, 2008

What I have been doing with my life

Well, I don't even know where to start. I have been back in NC for a little over 2 years now. I FINALLY finished my degree in Sports Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. What was supposed to take me one semester ended up taking me 3, but it is done now so I can't complain. I always said I would never be one of those people that spends all of their time at work, but well..........it happened. I am a personal trainer at a gym called The Rush Fitness Complex. I have been there almost a year and have loved every minute of it. I used to think I wanted nothing to do with being a personal trainer because I saw it as rich peoples' way of staying skinny. However, that is rarely the case. I have 36 clients that range in age, body type, gender, and experience with physical activity. It is safe to say that 95% of my clients are overweight, some to the point that it is taking a serious toll on their health. Most just want to be healthy again. So, what do I do all day, 6 days a week? I get paid to make people sweat, lose weight and improve their lives. I also get to do a lot of playing! At our fitness center we have over 100 cardio machines, a full court basketball court, olympic size swimming pool, sauna, steam room, astro-turf performance zone, tornado tube, trampoline basketball, rock climbing wall, boxing ring, kickboxing game, air hockey, smoothie bar, and an oxygen bar. Needless to say, I spend a good amount of warm-up time on the trampoline, TAKING IT TO THE HOLE with my clients!! My mom and I recently moved into a new house. She has never owned anything on her own so this is a HUGE accomplishment for her. I am a young single adult rep for my ward. I don't have much free time, but the time I do have I like to spend in my hammock, writing, drawing, painting, or reading.
I am sure you are wondering how the ol' ticker is doing. Well, she is doing pretty well. I recently found out that I have to have surgery again. Naturally I'm not extremely excited about it. Considering the fact that this will be the 4th time for this particular surgery, and the fact that the risk is ever increasing, I may have to go up to Cincinnati or to Vanderbuilt University. I will know more in the next few weeks. Don't worry, she doesn't act up often anymore. It has been quite a relief.
Welp, thats my life right now. Nothing too exciting and I love it.

3 comments:

Ticey said...

Lauren, I'm glad you decided to jump on the blog band wagon - now maybe I can try to keep up with you :) I'm glad all is going well. I am sorry you have to get heart surgery again, keep me posted on how it goes. You are the bomb.com and I miss you so!!!

mccall said...

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren! Oh, how I miss you! Thanks for sending me your link! Please keep me posted w/ the surgery. I will be praying for you. Love you, girl!

Lindsay said...

My long lost Lauren friend!!! Seeing your name on Ticey's blog just made my day... wait I take it back, more like my LIFE! I'm glad to hear you are doing so good, I'm now considering moving to NC to join your fitness center - I'm in desperate need of a person trainer! What do you think about that huh?
Good luck with the surgery, we'll be praying for you!