Saturday, March 15, 2008

NORTH CAROLINA THUNDERSTORMS.......AMEN

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE thunderstorms? Well, in case I haven't, I just did. We had our first thunderstorm of the season today and it put a big fat smile on my face. There aren't many places I would rather be than in my bed......with the windows open.....listening to the rolling thunder.......watching the lightning flicker in the night........and falling asleep to the subtle pitter patter of the rain on the roof. Ok, there is one other place that I might enjoy being, just about as much and that would be on our front porch, in our rocking chairs during a thunderstorm. For all of you Utah folk who are scared to death of thunder and lightning....toughen up and quit being a wuss because they are AMAZING! One of the reasons I love them so much is because of the way the earth looks when a thunderstorm is looming and then afterwards during the calm silence. Here are some pictures if you haven't been fortunate enough to see one in person:

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


There is nothing like it. Boy has the Lord created some incredibly beautiful things for us!

1 comment:

Smiths said...

Amen to that sista! I love em too