Monday, March 10, 2008

For those of you who haven't met my daughter

I can't believe I almost forgot to introduce my daughter. Her name is Prescilla, but her close friends call her Percy. Here is her latest school picture:



I was finally approved for adoption in June of 2006 and my precious Prescilla was born on July 26, 2006 in Salt Lake Regional Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. Being a single parent has been quite an adjustment. Probably the biggest and most dramatic adjustment was having to quit my professional career as a breakdancer. At first it was difficult because that was all I was known for, but it didn't take long for me to realize that I was never cut out for a career in that field to begin with. See, being a professional breakdancer is a very unsteady and spontaneous life. You never know when you will have to do a show, where your show will be held, how many people will show up to watch, or whether or not you will end up making a fool out of yourself in front of complete strangers. Currently Percy is an only child and will remain so until I find a suitable father figure for her. She may only be 2 ½ years old, but sometimes I could swear she has the mind of an 80 year old woman! She is a fairly mild tempered child, but does throw temper tantrums every once in awhile. When that happens, I often phone the adoption agency where I found her and let them give her a sound talking to. I will have to admit though......she has changed my life in a very profound way and I will always love her for that. She has made each day a little bit easier and more worthwhile. I am one lucky parent!

3 comments:

mccall said...

Lauren, I freakin' miss you.

The Clevelands said...

Is she actin' up again??! I miss my clever friend... Hope you're healthy and doing well!
Love ya-Em

Karly said...

Oh Hey my long lost North Carolina friend!! How the Freak are ya! So glad to see you are blogging it these days so I can see what the freak you are up to way over there! Hope everything is going good with the Ticker! I miss you! Come visit!!