Hey guys -
Just had a crazy experience this week that I thought I would share. Ladies...please always be aware of your surroundings. Let me start by saying that I have learned, even more deeply this week, how the Lord always watches over us when we put our faith in Him. Last weekend I met a guy at the gym. I was training a client and he got on the treadmill next to us. He started off by asking me about memberships. Then he started giving me compliments. He was really cute and at first I was kinda flattered that he would notice someone like me. Later, as I was leaving the front desk told me he had left me a card with his number and asked me to call him so he could ask me some questions about the gym. Me, being the idiot that I am, called him from my cell phone. I didnt even think twice about it. Then, he had my number and started calling and texting me. He asked me out numerous times and it started to feel a little odd how strongly he was coming onto me. The next day it continued. By Monday, he was still asking me out. So, I told him that if he wanted to see me he could come up to the gym. That was the one smart thing I did! After we worked out he asked me if I could hang out that night when I got off of work. Later that evening my managers came and pulled me out of my training session. They started asking me questions about how I knew him and where I met him. Come to find out, not only is he a rapist, but he has brutally beaten more than a handful of women. One of my coworkers dates someone who used to date him. He got mad at her and beat her up, broke her nose, knocked her unconscious and threw her in the street and left her. He has a son, and he beat his son's mom up and urinated on her in front of their child. He has 5-6 different names that he uses and lies about his age. The last girl he raped, he claimed he was 26 - she was in her early 20s. He found out my age and told me he was 30. I found out that he is actually 38. That night I sent him a simple text asking him to please not contact me anymore. He got very very angry and proceeded in calling and texting me for the next 6 hours calling me names and saying terrible things to me. Today....he showed up at my work after being banned from the gym. The cops have been looking for him because he just beat a girl up on the 28th of March.
Why do I share this story? I share it because I cant even describe the peace and safety that I have felt through saying my prayers and reading my scriptures. I was terrified on Monday night, but since then I haven't feared for my safety. I know that I am trying my hardest to live my life in a way that would be pleasing to the Lord and I don't doubt that He is constantly blessing me for it. Also, I want everyone to be aware. These are extremely chaotic and tumultuous times and the adversary is hard at work. These people could be right in front of you and you would never know it. Don't be untrusting of everyone, but just be aware and follow your instinct. If your gut tells you that someone is a little bit weird, they probably are. Stay close to the Lord and He will never fail you. Have a good weekend!!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy crap Lauren, what a scary story. I am totally with you when it comes to relying on the lord for comfort and safety. If we are doing everything in our power to do our best, we are blessed in return. Way to go with your instincts. Instincts are a great gift!!! Hope all is well!
Scary Lou!!! So happy my friend is safe and sound! We are just going to miss each other in Utah and I am so sad! I am going on Saturday and you're going like two weeks after me... bad planning!!!
Post a Comment